Our Weekly Gathering
Each week we have a virtual meeting (using Goto Meeting or Amazon Chime) that runs about two hours and is packed full of information and motivation. This time is focused on building our mutual knowledge of how to become a better developer and building our business skills. We have a rough agenda that we follow every week and we try to keep it fluid enough to bring in new members at any time. You can contact us at [email protected] for more information on joining.
Mentoring and A Mastermind Group
We think the best way to learn is by doing. Every member is urged to start a business or side hustle if they do not already have one. We discuss business ideas, launching a business, and growing our business as well as your career. Our discussion each week includes exposure to a number of tools and sharing our problem-solving experiences. However, it goes further than that. We also look at news and the latest trends so we can position our business (and ourselves) for the future.
A Typical Agenda
We vary our agenda from week to week, but it often runs like this.
- Nugget of the Week: Each member presents (3-5 minutes max) a tool or service they have come across that might be helpful to other members.
- Business Checkup: A brief walk through of how member’s businesses are progressing and any questions or discussions about recent struggles.
- Review Challenges: Each member provides an item or two they will do to advance their business or side hustle. We then check progress each week to push all of us to keep moving forward on our plans.
- Primary presentation: we typically have a 30-60 minute presentation each week. Sometimes formal with slides and others it is less formal with plenty of discussion among members.
- Next Week Challenges: Everyone shares their challenge for the upcoming week.
- Q&A Wrap up discussion open to any topic members want to bring up
- Schedule the next meeting: Our schedules are full so we attempt to adjust the meeting time each week for the current members and their availability.
Open Enrollment for a Short Time
In the past, our mentoring class was an invite only, paid service. However, we are offering membership for free for a short period. We see this as a great way to encourage more developers to improve themselves through our class or others like it. You have nothing to lose and may find a whole new world of opportunities and networking connections. We looking forward to working with you.