In this episode, we will be covering how to build test frameworks using a lot of the best practice techniques using Java, Selenium, Maven, and TestNG. However, due to the extent of the material this presentation will be presented in two parts going over the ins and outs of building your project structure and how and why you should separate the different units of work. Therefore we will start with the first part covering “How to Build: Test Scenario, Test Case, and Test Data“. Finally, concluding with “How to Build: Assertions, Builders, Controllers, Page Objects“ in the final video.
Some of the Topics Covered in Build Test Frameworks with Test Scenario, Test Case, and Test Data:
- The importance of listeners.
- How to setup and define your datasets.
- Setup property files to manage test and browser configurations.
- Using TestNG XML files to build singe test suit files to execute tests, pass parameters, and setup listeners.
- Look at page flows and why it’s useful to separate these from the test cases.
- Building Test cases.
Additional Test Frameworks Resources:
This series comes from our mentoring/mastermind classes. These classes are virtual meetings that focus on how to improve our technical skills and build our businesses. The goals of each member vary. However, this diversity makes for great discussions and a ton of educational value every time we meet. We hope you enjoy viewing this series as much as we enjoy creating it. As always, this may not be all new to you, but we hope it helps you be a better developer.