A large number of applications require a Java installation. Use these steps to install and configure a Java JDK on Windows 10 quickly.
Download and Install Java JDK
- Open up a web browser and go to http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html.
- Under Java SE Downloads, click on the download for the Java Platform (JDK)
- Accept the terms and conditions, and click on the link next to your desired OS.
- After downloading the file, go ahead and run it.
- Follow the defaults through the installation process to install the Java JDK and JRE.
Configure JAVA_HOME path
- Right-click on the Windows start icon and click on control panel.
- In the Search Control Panel box type “Environment”, this will bring up the “Edit the System environment variables” link. Go ahead and click on it.
- At the bottom of the System Properties popup click on the Environment Variables button.
- Search under System Variables for “JAVA_HOME”. If it exists, go ahead and select it and click edit. Otherwise, click new.
- Make sure your variable name is “JAVA_HOME”. Then set the variable value to be the parent folder of your JDK installation. Instead, use browse directory to locate it. For instance, it should look something like “C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_101”.
- Click OK.
- You have successfully installed and configured Java’s PATH information.
Consider checking out the following resources to learn more about Java.
If you are taking our “Creating your Marketing Site” class click here to return to where you left off.